Facebook has recently changed its algorithm. So, here are given almost everything that you need to know about the new algorithm of Facebook.
Some of the tips are also given regarding the ways to improve the longevity of your content specifically within the News Feed in the year 2020.
How Exactly The New Algorithm Of Facebook Works?
Mainly, the new algorithm of Facebook works by the ranking of almost all the available posts which are displayed on the news feed of a particular user. This is again based on how likely a particular user will have a positive reaction.
There are four important factors on which the algorithm of Facebook for ranking and displaying content on your newsfeed depends.
- The first factor is known as the inventory of all the posts that are available for display.
- Signals are considered to be the second important factor that tells facebook about what each post is.
- The third factor is called predictions which suggests how exactly you will reach each post.
- Ultimately, a final score is assigned to the content which is again based on all the above-mentioned
The New Algorithm Of Facebook
Specifically, the new algorithm of Facebook works by prioritizing the content that is posted from friends over publishers. So, in this regard, the main focus is on meaningful interactions.
In late 2017, as the data controversy has generally erupted around the popular social media network and therefore, the platform of Facebook has worked to improve transparency around how it exactly ranks content on the News Feed.
In the year 2019, it was seen that there is a 50% increase in engagement over the year. The algorithm changes have possibly increase outrage and divisiveness.
How Exactly The Changes Of Facebook Algorithm Works In 2020?
Currently, the algorithm ranks the posts each user sees in the order that they are likely to enjoy them. So, these are mainly based on a lot of important factors which are known as ranking signals.
As of the year 2020, the platform of Facebook has stated that its main focus is to help the users so that they can have an understanding of the algorithm. To give it better feedback, they should specifically take control of those ranking signals.
The ranking signals are considered to be data points about the past behavior of a user. It also involves the behaviour of everyone else on a particular platform. Therefore, Facebook mentions three main categories of the ranking signals such as:
- The popularity of the post
- The type of media which is present in a particular post such as link, video, photo, etc.
- Who a specific user typically interacts with.
Important Tips To Work With The Facebook Algorithm
- In this regard, you should always focus on starting conversations that get people talking with each other. According to Facebook, one of the key ranking signals of the algorithm is where the user has previously engaged with your page or not.
So, if you wish to gain more engagement, then you should always try to be funny, curious, inspiring or else interesting.
- You should consider posting at the time when your audience is online. So, another important ranking signal is the recency which matters a lot as the algorithm selects which posts to show the people.
The newer posts are always a better option. Most of the B2B brand posts perform best between 9 am and 2 pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- On the other hand, the B2C brand posts usually perform best at noon on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- You should never post content that will get you downranked.
Therefore, the completely new algorithm of Facebook is sophisticated. So, you should keep your content meaningful.